Monday, April 29, 2013

Rock On


Rock On
It has taken me awhile to get back into the groove of things. I've finished five projects this time. I made a necklace with knotted lace and Teneriffe lace,and also a bit of needle tatting. I worked the center pendant piece with an old poker chip and Teneriffe lace center around the edge that I tatted and added blue Chrystal beads. On the back of the chip I put a glass disk. As a result, I had to remake part of the necklace, because that made it too heavy for the thread the necklace was made of. I think it finally hangs better. Live and learn. This necklace is made reversible. 


 
The second necklace took longer to make than I had expected . I'm guessing it is due to the tiny thread it is made with. The center piece of this one is made with a nice carved bone disk. I tatted around the edge of this one . To the bottom I added a fringe of pear shaped glass beads and some round stone beads. Topped with a vintage triangle shaped bead and a bone spacer on top of that with some more small stone beads. On the necklace portion I used some tube shaped stone beads, then I used oval shaped stone beads spaced around and finished with a button and loop closure.


Third I made a necklace with a nice array of stone beads I had in my stash. The donut shaped stone was the inspiration for this one. I found it in a necklace at my favorite thrift store. I think it fit well together. The necklace part is made with some small seed beads woven between two cords. This one closes with a button and loop closure. 
 
The fourth necklace is made with another stone from the same necklace I found. I made it with a chain fringe ended with brass looking disks, and clay glazed beads on either side. On each side of the focal stone is a brass metal spacer bead, and also brass -looking filigreed piece from a belt. It is one of the links. On top of that I have a Josephine knot and then a wooden bead. I knotted the rest with four more wooden tube beads. I made this one adjustable, knotted with a heavy nylon cord. 


Last is an experiment of a knotted net around a stone. I finished the bottom with a few tear dropped stones. The necklace part is done with a knotting tool that has a two pronged fork. The finished project is a square cord that is sturdy, made with the same heavy nylon cord. My husband said you could use it as a weapon like a slingshot. I guess he's right. My thought was to put your favorite scent on it and the body heat will make it defuse in a subtle way.. This was a fun project. I call it “Rock On” thus the name of this blog.
This was a learning process as well as fun and frustrating at times. Hope you had some fun. See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment