Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Two Too Blue

Two Too Blue
The beginning of this Year has Been a DooZy.
I'm hoping That I'm getting most of the negative done for 2013. First my back has been taking me for a ride. 
Not a good one. After some shots to the nerves in my spine I'm getting some relief. That is a good thing. This all started around Thanksgiving of last Year. 2012. Now we have moved into 2013. Just as my back started to get better. We got a flu bug. I just finished that up and then I got a cold. So I've been a bit Blue.
Things are starting to look up again. Yahoo! I've worked on two blue projects. I think it is interesting that they were blue. I was not thinking about that at the time. As I started to write. I thought, what should I title this blog today? It occurred to me that the two projects just happened to be blue. So TwoToo Blue it is.

This first piece came about from a focal point of a glass blue swirl pendant given to me by my neighbor. She thought I might be able to think of something to do with it. So it was born of brass wire and blue thread with different odds and ends of things I had lying around. They consist of glass beads,an old glass button, two metal buttons, some chain and leaves, and glass dangly beads. Come to think of it, the chain was also given to me by the same neighbor, the metal leaves were given to me also by a friend, and the glass dangle beads from another friend. It is that many times, through the tough times friends come to the rescue. This project is a bit disjointed and busy, but the fact is, I had fun doing it. That is the important thing. It helped me pull myself up. I think creation is a bit like that. It helps you to look outward instead of inward. There are three little glass beads hanging on some twirly threads that might remind us of tears, but they also remind me of life and water. We are off to a new year and a new start. Some of the old problems are still here in the “back”ground, but we will deal with them as they come, one day at a time. Also in the piece I used a small globe-like bead that is studded with rhinestones. It kind of reminds me of a party or a disco ball in that it is reflective. This is how we should go about life, reflective and looking for the brightness we can bring to the party. I hope you can see the bright spot of blue as in a break in the clouds, and enjoy the journey ahead.
The second project came about because I'm still trying to learn a lace technique called Punchetto. So I'll just roll with the punches and keep knotting along. Funny how things work together to make a new start. I had some thread left over from the first project, I just started knotting, and this is what resulted. A small little ring, decorated with a faceted glass bead and a bit of warm rusty brown thread in a feather stitch.
I've also been doing a bit of research online and came across another technique called Teneriffe Lace. I was able to download a book of that. Perhaps I'll show you some of that endeavor next time. My husband helped me make a sort of loom to work on that yesterday and put the book together in a small format so I can easily carry it with me. I guess I will sign off for now. Hope you had some fun too. See ya next time. Look for the blue spots in your sky. Enjoy the days whatever they bring. If we didn't have the dark clouds sometimes, we would not enjoy
the bright blue sky when it peeks through at us. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment