Thursday, June 27, 2013

Found Object

Found Object


Hello again. This adventure started with an object my husband found while we were out walking. He picked it up and said, “you like found objects, Here is one.”
It came off of who knows what and had been run over . It was folded and smashed together. I took it home and unbent it the best I could and considered the possibilities. It was made of what looks to be copper and it consisted of two ring shapes connected with a bar between the two circles.
I started by looking around for other metal items and found a piece that I had made into a necklace once before. I took apart the rest of the necklace and saved that part. I joined the two and went on from there, finding other pieces that seemed to go together. I was able to use some copper-like circles. I had wondered how I to use them. This seemed to be just the thing. Off I went, putting together all the pieces. I liked the result. I also used some chalk turquoise and other turquoise-looking beads. It was nice to reuse a piece that I had saved. I think it was originally from an earring. When I got it I made it into a necklace. Maybe this will survive as a group this time. 
 
My next adventure started with three beautiful stones that were carved and put together as a set. They are quite heavy with all three pieces . I wanted to make the piece with strong enough cord to support it. I found heavy nylon cord that I already had would fit through the drilled holes. After I put the cord through, I had to find how to make it a unified piece that would be strong enough to hold it all together. That is a problem I have had before. First I used a ring covered with knots to hold it in place. It was still not enough to support the whole thing. I decided to make a wire framework to give it further support. I knotted cord over it to give me a base to work in some needle lace to fill in the space and unify the whole piece. I also attached a knotted cord with assorted beads along the way. I used two vintage buttons and some other beads to finish off the bottom. This is the sum of the adventure in reusing items to make something new. I hope you enjoyed the process and result. Thank You for your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment